Festive Fall Spiced Smoothie!
Fall is here. Colorful leaves are beginning to fall, the air is starting to feel crisp, and pumpkin spice everything is popping up on store shelves nationwide.And while Visbiome does not offer a pumpkin spice flavor (wouldn’t that be nice!) we can still take part in the fun. For an awesome and effective autumn treat, add Visbiome powder to a cool seasonal favorite – like a pumpkin spice smoothie – toward the end of the blending cycle.
Try the recipe and leave us your comments!
- ½ Frozen banana
- ¼ Cup of pumpkin (canned or freshly cooked)
- 1 Cup almond milk (or coconut milk)
- ½ Teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Cups of ice
- 1 Pinch of cloves
- 1 Teaspoon of any low fodmap sweetener (optional)
- 1 Packet of Visbiome powder
Preparation is easy!
- Put all the ingredients listed above in the blender. except for Visbiome Powder.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- When the smoothie reaches your preferred consistency, add the Visbiome powder.
- Blend for 1 or 2 more seconds
- And Enjoy!
Low FODMAP TIPS
Everyone's GI is unique. One ingredient may cause issues for one person while no issues for another. You are the most knowledgeable expert on what does and does not work for your system. So if you believe for example that the banana in this recipe will be problematic for you, skip it – we promise it will be just as tasty without it!
- Ripe bananas have more natural fructose sugar than unripened bananas, which is an ingredient that is trying to be minimized on a low FODMAP diet. However, unripened bananas could be challenging to digest in some people with certain GI conditions.
- Canned pumpkin is considered low FODMAP at 1/3 cup or less.
You can use this smoothie to take Visbiome Unflavored Powder or Visbiome Extra Strength. This is also a great alternative to take Visbiome Capsules (specially for kids), they can easily pull apart and add the powder to the blend.
Let us know in the comments below if you tried this recipe or want to share another low FODMAP recipe with your fellow Visbiome community!
The Right Bacteria, in Precise Ratios, Working Together
Visbiome® is a high potency probiotic medical food containing 8 strains of live bacteria. It is intended for the dietary management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Ulcerative Colitis, and other conditions.
In a clinical study Visbiome has proven to aid with common IBS symptoms such as reductions in abdominal pain, flatulence, and bloating.